Applying to be a Vector Scholar
Applying to be a Vector Scholar
All new students interested in the Vector Scholars program should carefully read and understand the following commitments and program requirements.
Vector Scholar Commitments
Students accepted into the Vector Scholars Program, must commit to:
- be an active participant in your education and the Vector Scholar community and program activities,
- work with the other students, faculty, and staff to develop the skills, habits, and beliefs necessary for success at Tompkins Cortland,
- bring an open mind to opportunities at the College and for their future,
- maintain a full-time schedule and good academic and judicial status,
- regularly attend class and complete all coursework in a timely manner, and
- be ready to participate full-time in program activities August 12-21, 2018
- 24 years of age or younger
- first semester attending college OR you previously earned 15 or fewer college credits and have been out of school for at least one semester (not including concurrent enrollment credits earned while in high school)
- Placement in RDNG 116 or no reading course needed
- Total annual family income at or below the SUNY Educational Opportunity Program Economic Eligibility Guidelines (See guidelines below). Eligibility is based on your total 2016 income. Contact Financial Aid by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone, 607.844.8222, Ext. 4432 (Sarah Hicks) or 4321 (Tracy Gorsline) if you have questions about whether you meet these guidelines.
2018-19 Financial Guidelines for Vector Scholars
Household size Total Annual Income in 2016
1 $22,311 2 $30,044 3 $37,777 4 $45,510
5 $53,243 6 $60,967 7 $68,709 8 $76,442
*For households with more than 8 people, add $7,733 for each additional person.
Students starting at Tompkins Cortland in the Fall 2018 semester who meet the above criteria are eligible to apply.
To apply, students should sign in with their TC3 username (for instance, ARC031) and password. This is the same username and password that used to log in to myTC3. If a student cannot remember their myTC3 password, they should visit myTC3 and select the “forgot password” link to reset their password.
If the student has difficulty completing the Vector Scholars application, or have any other questions, they should contact Andrée Catalfamo at 607.844.8222, Ext. 4414 or email email@example.com.
Please note that in order to complete the Vector Scholars application, students will need their myTC3 login information. If they have not yet created their myTC3 account, they should do so first at myTC3.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis when submitted. Only 40 students will be accepted as Vector Scholars.
The Vector Scholars Program is open to BOTH commuter and resident students. Students who plan to live on campus in the Tompkins Cortland residence halls, should remember that their housing deposit and contract must be received by July 1, 2018 to receive the $1,000 housing discount.
For more information about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607.844.8222, Ext. 4414.