Appointments with counselors
Students can make an appointment with a counselor to get some help in getting started a resume. If possible, they should bring a rough draft of their resume to the appointment. This will help the counselor see where they are in the resume development process.
Counselors can help:
- decide on a resume style that is right
- organize information to emphasize strengths
- develop language that will be most impressive on a resume
- proofread the final version of the resume to make sure there are no errors
Resume and Interview Guides
- Job Star Resumes – A Wall Street Journal publication
Instructions for using MS Word resume template
- Instructions for using MS Word resume template
- On the File menu, select "New"
- Select the "Other Documents" tab
- Select a "Resume Template" or "Resume Wizard"
- To develop a chronological resume, pick a resume template style: professional, contemporary, or elegant. Select each section to replace the template information
- To develop a functional resume, select the "Resume Wizard," and follow the directions