Vector Scholar Peer Program Assistants
Current Tompkins Cortland students helping new students!
The Vector Scholar Peer Program Assistants are a group of continuing students who assist new Tompkins Cortland students with Vector Scholars program activities and the transition to college. Peer Program Assistants help new students navigate campus, learn about available resources, and share their stories.
Stuidents might be a good fit for the Vector Scholars Peer Program Assistant position if they:
- Enjoy helping others
- Are approachable and friendly
- Are motivated, reliable, and dependable
- Take initiative and show self-discipline
- Have achieved academic success (have at least a 2.5 GPA at Tompkins Cortland)
- Are a Vector Scholar (recommended, not required)
Benefits of being a Vector Scholars Peer Program Assistant:
- Gain valuable leadership experience
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Build a resume
- Help other students learn to love Tompkins Cortland
- Share tips for success in college
- Move in early (if you live in the College residence halls)
- Have a paid position from August to May for the 2018-2019 academic year (both fall and spring semesters).
- Be provided meals during training and Vector Scholar pre-semester activities
Additional Information and Forms
Please read the information below about how you can become a Vector Scholars Peer Program Assistant!
Vector Scholars Peer Program Assistant
Position description includes important position dates, compensation, and training information (please read carefully before applying). Service as a Vector Scholar Peer Program Assistant requires students to work approximately 2-3 weeks before fall courses begin.
Applications are due by Wednesday, March 28,2017. For more information contact Andrée Catalfamo. Email Vector@tompkinscortland.edu, or call 607.844.8222, Ext. 4414.