Certified Nurse Aide
In Demand! Certified Nurse Aide
Are you interested in the healthcare field? Do you like to help others? Become a Certified Nurse Aide! Our Certified Nurse Aide program prepares you for the NYS Certification Exam and puts you on the path to success in your new career. The program is comprised of a total of 125 hours of training (70 hours classroom, 20 hours of lab and 35 hours of clinical) which exceeds the minimal training requirements stipulated by NYS.
- Infection control procedures
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Safety and emergency procedures
- Basic nursing skills
- Personal care skills
- Mental health and social service needs
- Care of cognitively impaired residents
- Basic restorative services
- Resident’s rights
Salary: $30,500 - $32,880 (experienced). Salary may vary depending upon location, experience and hours.
Job Outlook: 16.8% growth in Central NY (NYS DOL statistics), 8% growth nationally (US DOL, Bureau of Labor Statistics). The Job Outlook is much faster than average.
NYS Certification: New York State Certification is required. You will sit for the NYS exam upon successful completion of the course.
Clinical Experience: As part of this program, you will participate in a 35-hour clinical experience at a local healthcare facility.
- At least 16 years of age
- A high school graduate, working on a G.E.D., or reading at a 9th grade level
- In good health. Flu and Covid-19 vaccines required. MMR, Varicella, PPD, Tdap, Covid-19 and Influenza immunization records must be up to date and provided to clinical sites
- Dependable, patient, and have a desire to help people
- Able to communicate well and have positive relationships with patients