October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Tompkins Cortland Community College is hosting a series of programs and events in recognition of October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- OCT. 4 - 6 | RED FLAG CAMPAIGN
- Flags with notes of support and hope to survivors will be displayed at the front entrance and on the residence hall path. These are a reminder to watch for ‘red flags’ in relationships.
- OCT. 18-20 | CLOTHESLINE PROJECT
- On display in the library. Shirts are dedicated to survivors of interpersonal violence.
- OCT. 20 | WEAR PURPLE DAY
- Wear purple to show your support to end domestic violence. Meet at main entrance stairwell at 12:45 p.m. for a community photo.
- OCT. 20 | GOOD 4 YOU
- 3 P.M. | Student Center - We will be discussing signs of relationships that are Good 4 You (and not so good) and how to support friends in their relationships. Snacks will be provided.
Sponsored by: The Violence Prevention Group, Wellness Council, and Title IX