Fitness Center Rules
- You must be at least 16 years old to use the facility.
- Obtain a Tompkins Cortland Community College Fitness Center membership card and swipe in prior to your workout.
- Dress appropriately to maintain a safe and sanitary environment and protect upholstery on equipment.
- You must wear a shirt at all times.
- Please do not wear jeans or cut-off jeans because the metal rivets on them tear the upholstery.
- You must wear appropriate footwear (sneakers). No open footwear nor boots of any kind are permitted.
- Books, bags and personal items should be kept in the locker room and are not allowed in the facility or in the hallway outside of the Fitness Center. The FSA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- A coat rack is provided in the hallway outside the Fitness Center.
- Tobacco, gum, food, and drink (except water in a plastic bottle) are not allowed inside the facility.
- Follow all instructions regarding the proper use of equipment as posted. Use equipment only for the manufacturer's intended purpose.
- Move from station to station at a reasonable speed. Refrain from using the equipment as a place to stop and check your phone or socialize.
- Clean equipment after usage with paper towels and disinfectant spray provided.
- Towels for personal use are provided to use while in the Fitness Center.
- Persons with open wounds and/or infectious skin diseases are prohibited from using the facility.
- Inform the fitness center staff if you develop a communicable disease. Your membership may be suspended until this condition is cured or in a state of remission.
- Be respectful of others. Refrain from inappropriate language.
- Respect the authority of the fitness center staff and respond to their directions accordingly.
- Participants who cannot, or choose not to, adhere to the fitness center rules, will have their memberships terminated.
Liabilities and Injuries
There is a risk of personal injury due to the inherent nature of this activity. Each participant assumes the risk for any harm or injuries. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you arrange sufficient health insurance coverage and have a physical examination prior to participation.