The Vector Network
The program enriches the learning experiences and social network of first-year students; helps to develop study skills and time management skills; encourages positive social interactions; shows students the full breadth of the College’s academic and social offerings, as well as those of the surrounding community; helps to develop intellectual curiosity; provides advice regarding college life and personal concerns.
Join the Vector Network Program
Vector Network Mentees who participate in the summer institute and first-year program are first-year students who are interested in achieving success in college, meeting new people, and having fun! The Summer Institute begins three weeks before the start of classes and the first-year program begins the start of classes.
Benefits of Joining the First-Year Program:
1. Access to personalized academic and social support system, mentoring, and leadership development.
2. Access to earn a book stipend.
Requirements of the First-Year Program:
1. Attend one-on-one goal alignment (Compass) meetings with Vector Network twice per semester of your First Year.
2. Regular participation in Vector Network activities. All activities are included in program funding for Vector Network students.
Become a Vector Network Mentor
Vector Network Mentors work closely with first-year students, and particularly students from diverse backgrounds at Tompkins Cortland. Mentors are knowledgeable, caring, and able to function in a variety of roles including peer mentor, peer advisor, tutor, event assistant, team member, and role model.
- Must have a GPA of 2.3 or higher
- Must be enrolled in second semester of college (one semester must have been at TC3)
- Required to commit to required events
While the Office of Diversity Education and Support Services actively recruits mentors, interested students should visit room 230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.