Why Tompkins Cortland?
The smartest people make the best investments. By beginning your higher education with Tompkins Cortland Community College, you will enjoy affordable, small classes with personalized instruction that will help you ease into your United States education experience. The Be One of Us scholarship will make it even less expensive to live on campus, as will securing your campus housing before July 1.
You will study within reach of the cosmopolitan city of Ithaca, world-class Ivy League Cornell University, and a half-day’s travel from New York City, but have the benefit of the lower costs and safety of a rural community college. You will have the opportunity to interact with students from around the United States and the world in clubs and social activities among the vibrant network of colleges and universities in the area.
We will prepare you for whatever is next on your journey after Tompkins Cortland, from which you can choose to engage in practical training associated with your major or transfer to a Bachelor’s-granting institution. When you receive your bachelor’s degree, your degree will bear the name of the college or university where you complete your degree. Tompkins Cortland students transfer to hundreds of universities throughout the United States, including all of the major SUNY schools, as Ivy League institutions.
The Be One of US Scholarship for International Students
The Be One of Us Scholarship means international students pay NY resident tuition: $5,100 per year. This means that living on campus costs only $20,788 per year (estimated).
To qualify for the scholarship you must:
Maintain a 2.5 GPA
Complete 15 Hours of community service per semester
Live in campus housing for the first year
Estimated Cost of Attendance per 9 month Academic Year (Summer Not Included)
|Tuition-with Be One of Us Scholarship||$5,100|
|Non-Resident/International Fee (For students receiving the Be One of US Scholarship||$1,000|
|Tuition-without Be One of US Scholarship||$10,500|
|Other Fees (On Campus)||$1,358|
|Other Fees (Off Campus)||$1,328|
|Room (on Campus, reduced rate if reserved by set deadline)||$7,400|
|Room (On campus, reservation deadline not met).||$8,400|
|Meals (Campus meal plan-required if living on campus OR off-campus meals)||$3,110|
|Required Health Insurance.||$1,620|
|Living on Campus (with Be One of US Scholarship, housing deadline met).||$20,788|
|Living off Campus (without Be One of US Scholarship.)||$25,158|
- Your TOEFL or IELTS score
- If you are already in the United States at the time of application, you may substitute the Accuplacer test.
- If you have already taken the equivalent of college-level Freshman English composition course at a U.S. or Canadian
institution, the test score requirement may be waived.
- Upon arrival, you will be required to undergo English and Math placement testing unless you are exempted through
transfer credits. If you place into ESL courses, you will be required to complete those prior to enrolling in other academic courses.
- In order to be considered for credit transfer, transcripts from non-U.S. colleges or universities must be evaluated by WES (World Education Services).
- A signed Affidavit of Support from your sponsor
- A bank statement from your sponsor showing a minimum
balance of $20,390 if you will live on campus and reserve your campus housing prior to the deadline, $24,790 if you will live off campus.
- If you have been awarded a government or other scholarship you may substitute documentation of the scholarship for the affidavit of support and bank statement, as long as it shows sufficient resources to cover all of your costs
- A copy of your current passport identification page.
- Transcripts from all schools, universities, and colleges attended.
- Certified translations of each transcript must be provided for transcripts not in English.
- In order to be considered for transfer credit for your degree program, official, original transcripts must be sent directly from the other U.S. college or university via postal mail to:
Tompkins Cortland Community College
170 North Street, P.O Box 139
Dryden, NY 13053-0139
OR via email directly from the other school to:
Joining Us/Getting Started
If and when you are offered admission to Tompkins Cortland, you will receive pre-arrival information with instructions about how and when to arrive and what you can expect upon your welcome to campus.
Upon arrival, you will participate in orientation and placement testing, followed by registration for classes assisted by an academic adviser.
We will provide you with all the information and assistance you need to make a smooth, successful transition to your experience at Tompkins Cortland Community
College and your U.S. education.
It is very important that you closely follow the instructions provided to you prior to and after your arrival, as they are designed to enhance your experience and your success.
If you have any questions about the admissions process or Tompkins Cortland, please contact:
+011 1 607.844.8211, Ext. 4522
We look forward to welcoming you to Tompkins Cortland and Dryden!
The Global Staff
Tompkins Cortland Community College