For All New and Transfer Students
Orientation is required for all new and transfer students. Students living on campus are required to attend BOTH Monday and Tuesday Orientation activities. Commuters only attend Tuesday Orientation activities.
Fall classes begin on Wednesday, August 28, and Welcome Week activities will continue through the first full week of classes.
Remember, the Academic Calendar contains important dates for the semester, including deadlines.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Move In Day for Resident Students
Resident Student Move In: Sunday, August 25 | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Students may move in between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. All new resident students MUST move in Sunday, August 25. If you have questions about moving into the residence halls, call or email the Residence Life Office at 607.844.6589 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Orientation: Sunday, August 25 | 10 – 11 a.m. OR 2 – 3 p.m.
The Student Center, Main Campus
Family members are encouraged to join our College staff for their own orientation to Tompkins Cortland. During this session, they will find out about the services available to support students and also have the opportunity to have questions answered. The information presented during this session is geared toward parents, family members, and sponsors.
New Resident Orientation
Monday, August 26, 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The Forum, Main Campus
Resident Student Orientation will include of sessions to meet Residence Life staff, review safety procedures and residential policies, and to build a residential community.
|9 – 9:10 a.m.||Welcome||Forum|
|9:10 – 9:40 a.m.||Roommate Etiquette||Forum|
|9:40 – 10 a.m.||Campus Police||Forum|
|10 – 11 a.m.||Breakout Sessions||Various Locations|
|11 – 11:30 a.m.||Review Activities||Forum|
|11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.||Lunch & Cooking Demo||Forum|
|1 – 2 p.m.||Title IX||Forum|
|2 – 3 p.m.||Roundtables and Student Panel||Forum|
|8 a.m – 10 p.m.||*RHA Social – Panther Fest||Student Center|
*Resident Hall Association
All New Student Orientation
Tuesday, August 27, 8:30 - 3 p.m.
Check in at the Athletic Atrium, Main Campus
Orientation activities will include sessions for commuter students, adult students, and students living on campus. All orientation activities will take place on the main campus in Dryden.
|8:30 – 9 a.m.||Check In||Athletic Forum|
|9 – 9:30 a.m.||Convocation & Welcome||Gym|
|9:30 – 10:30 a.m.||Academic Sessions||Various Locations|
|10:30 – 11:45 a.m.||Community Standards||Gym|
|11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||
Nontraditional Student Luncheon
|12:30 – 1:15 p.m.||Diversity & Inclusion||Gym|
|1:15 – 2 p.m.||Health & Wellness||Gym|
|2 – 3 p.m.||Breakout Sessions||Various Locations|
|3 – 5 p.m.||Resource Fair||Field House|
Tuesday, August 27
- Outdoor Movie Night, Aladdin (2019), at 9 p.m. moved indoors to The Forum, open to the community
Wednesday, August 28, Panther Pride Day
- Wear TC Green
- Motivational Speaker JQ, Noon – 1 p.m. in the Student Center
- Build-A-Bear Noon until gone (first 100 students) in the Student Center
Thursday, August 29
- Recovery Luncheon, Noon – 1 p.m. in the Student Center
- Dinner and a show 6:30 p.m. in the Forum
Saturday, August 31
- Ithaca's Welcome Student Weekend on the Commons, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- FREE transportation provided by the Downtown Ithaca Alliance
Tuesday, September 3
- Fitness and Recreation Open House, Sponsored by Best Life, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. in the Athletic Center
- Open to all students, faculty, and staff
Wednesday, September 4
- Mobile Food Pantry, Noon – 1 p.m. in the Student Center
- E-Sports Day - Gaming free play and tournament all day in the Forum
- If you are interested in E-Sports, there will be a consultant from 11 a.m. – Noon in the Student Center Conference Room discussing E-Sports on college campuses.
Thursday, September 5
- Get Connected Fair, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. in the Student Center
Friday, September 6
- SGA Open House, Noon - 1 p.m. in the Student Center