Panther Food Pantry
On-campus support for students
Nearly half of our students struggle with food insecurity. We know that reducing food insecurity creates a direct link to success.
The Panther Pantry is an on campus resource helping our students tackle their food insecurity and gain confidence in the classroom.
*Donation bins are located throughout campus and items may always be brought to the Pantry when it is open. Contributions are greatly appreciated.
The Panther Pantry, located in room 116 A across from the Health Center, provides no-cost food and other supplies for students.
- COVID-19 safety expectations will limit the number of students in the Pantry, require masks, and other safety measures.
- All Students are eligible.
- Meats, dairy, produce, bread, cereal, soup, pasta, snacks, and other items are available.
I am very grateful that this is offered. It is a hard balance cutting back on work to go to school and further one's education. The food pantry definitely takes off some of the stress and it means a lot that as students we (and our families) are cared for on this level. – Student testimonial
Rules and Expectations
Students are Expected to:
- Present their student ID.
- Leave all non-Pantry food and drink outside the Pantry.
- Close the refrigerator and freezer doors gently.
- Pay it forward. Share a meal with friends, family, and someone new.
- Receive 50 points of food per week. Students living with family or other non - students may receive an additional 15 points per week per person up to four (110 points)
- Visit the Panther Pantry once per day.
- Receive one frozen meat/protein selection per visit.
- Receive one per type of refrigerated item, e.g. one butter, one milk.
- Be patient, pleasant, and kind.
The Panther pantry has allowed me to continue to eat healthier, which has helped me physically and mentally. And this is reflected in my grades. Thank you! - Tompkins Cortland Community College Student
Faculty and Staff
- Receive a three-day allowance of food per week.
- Visit Panther Pantry once per day.
Local online students and Faculty/Staff
- Contactless pickup options are available for completely online students, faculty, and staff.
- Please contact Nicholas Kent at KentPantherPantry@gmail.com for an order form or more information.