Food and Beverage Service Credential
Be a modern day alchemist and server extraordinaire! The Food and Beverage Service Credential provides you with the skills necessary to shine in the hospitality industry. Included in the credential is national certification in safe alcohol service, bartending and cocktail recipe development, and dining and beverage service standards. You may use the skills gained through this credential in a wide range of careers, from traditional hospitality to healthcare dining, operations, management, and beyond!
Searchable job titles may include:
- Service assistant manager
- Kitchen assistant
- Catering assistant
- Catering bar server
- Beverage tasting room server
Thank you to Coltivare for helping create this microcredential. Our industry and community partners are vital to the success of our microcredential programs and many are leading employers of our graduates. Types of regional employers that typically recruit for these roles, include:
- Full-Service Hotels and Event Centers
- Off Premise Catering Companies
- Food Service Operations for Colleges, Healthcare, etc.
The Food and Beverage Service Credential at Tompkins Cortland requires you to earn a passing grade in three courses, which can typically be completed in one semester. These three courses can be applied towards the Hotel and Restaurant Management A.A.S. degree. Courses are offered in hybrid formats.
Printable version of credential checklist
FINANCING YOUR MICROCREDENTIAL
There are many resources available to assist you in paying for your microcredential. Discuss your options with an Admissions representative when you register.
- Grant money is available through the Tompkins Community Recovery Fund for Tompkins County residents
- Grants are available through Tompkins Workforce NY Career Center and Cortland Works Career Center for county residents
- Several employers in our community offer tuition reimbursement and sponsorship specifically for microcredentials
- Financial aid is available to eligible students who pursue the credential while matriculated in a degree program. Apply today!