Welcome to the Office of Admissions!
Each semester Tompkins Cortland Community College sponsors an open house for prospective students and parents to see the college firsthand. The next open house will take place on Friday, April 5, 2019.
Can't attend Open House? No problem. You can still visit us. To set up a visit, call the Admissions office at 607.844.6580, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Online Session
Courses run December 18, 2018 - January 21, 2019. You do not have to be currently enrolled at Tompkins Cortland to take courses. We offer a wide variety of General Education classes, and all classes transfer seamlessly within SUNY!
How to Enroll
First steps (in the following order)
- Apply online or, if you prefer, print the admissions application and mail it in.
- Have your official transcript(s) sent. Include high school and any colleges you have attended in the past. Electronic transcripts should be sent directly from the institution to email@example.com. Note: students needing a Tompkins Cortland transcript for transfer to another institution visit Academic Records.
Next steps (order is flexible)
- Complete your immunization requirements.
- Apply for Financial Aid.
- After you’re accepted, take placement tests (if needed).
- Complete the Pre-Advising Questionnaire.
- Attend new student orientation, where you’ll get registered for classes.
- Get your certificate of residence and pay your tuition bill.
- Get your student ID and purchase books.
- Attend Welcome Week events (extended Orientation) and go to class!
Interested in taking just one class?
If you are not officially enrolling in a degree program and are not planning to receive financial aid, then you can register for a class. There are three ways to register: by mail, by fax or in person. Download and complete our registration form. For course information, visit our online course search.
If you are a high school student interested in taking a class through your high school, CollegeNow will guide you through the process.
Students interested in International Admissions work with the College's Office of Global Initiatives on their unique requirements.