Welcome to the Office of Admissions!
The college search can feel overwhelming, but we're here to help. Have a question about our application process, campus, or academic programs? We're just a call, email, or visit away. Our Admissions and Financial Aid Advisors look forward to sharing their enthusiasm for Tompkins Cortland with you and helping you find the program and plan for success that fits best. No two of our students are the same so we pride ourselves on three basic things: Accessibility, Affordability, and Flexibility.
What does that look like?
- Free easy online application
- Rolling admissions policy
- SAT/ACT optional
- No minimum GPA
There are numerous ways to see our beautiful campus, explore our buildings, and meet our welcoming staff and faculty. You can visit campus any time of the year, or come for a special event or open house. Each semester Tompkins Cortland Community College sponsors an open house for prospective students and parents to see the college firsthand.
Fall Open House
Our Fall Open House will take place on Friday, November 1.
Take advantage of this once a year opportunity to learn about our academic programs and specialized facilities directly from the professors who teach in them. Tour campus and learn more about admissions, financial aid, athletics, and student life. Register Now!
How to Enroll
First steps (in the following order)
- Apply online or, if you prefer, print the admissions application and mail it in.
- Have your official transcript(s) sent. Include high school and any colleges you have attended in the past. Electronic transcripts should be sent directly from the institution to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: students needing a Tompkins Cortland transcript for transfer to another institution visit Academic Records.
Next steps (order is flexible)
- Complete your immunization requirements.
- Apply for Financial Aid.
- After you’re accepted, take placement tests (if needed).
- Complete the Pre-Advising Questionnaire.
- Attend new student orientation, where you’ll get registered for classes.
- Get your certificate of residence and pay your tuition bill.
- Get your student ID and purchase books.
- Attend Welcome Week events (extended Orientation) and go to class!
Can't attend Open House? No problem. You can still visit us. To set up a visit, call the Admissions office at 607.844.6580, or email email@example.com.
Individual campus visits include a tour with a student ambassador (Main Building and Athletics, with Housing optional) and a follow up with an admissions advisor.
Interested in taking just one class?
If you are not officially enrolling in a degree program and are not planning to receive financial aid, then you can register for a class. There are three ways to register: by mail, by fax or in person. Download and complete our registration form. For course information, visit our online course search.
If you are a high school student interested in taking a class through your high school, CollegeNow will guide you through the process.