To submit the Registration Form you can bring the form in the Enrollment Services Center (Dryden campus, room 101) or to the Cortland or Ithaca Extension Center, mail the form to PO Box 139, Dryden, NY 13053, or fax the form to 607.844.6541.

Print a copy of the Student Schedule Worksheet.

Advisement is an important part of academic success. Remember to meet with your advisor before registration day to go over your course selections and requirements.

Enrollment Services Center Hours

Main Campus, Dryden (Room 101)

170 North Street, Dryden, NY 13053
Fax: 607.844.6560 or 607.756.7562

Regular Hours

Monday, 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
Tuesday, 8:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wednesday, 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
Thursday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.

Phone: 607.844.6580

Nancy S. Lieberman Extension Center in Ithaca

118 North Tioga Street
Ithaca, NY 14850

Fall and Spring Semester Hours

Monday, Closed
Tuesday, 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
Wednesday, 8:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
Thursday, 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, Closed

Cortland Extension Center

157 Main Street
Cortland, NY 13045

Monday, Closed
Tuesday, 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
Wednesday, 8:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
Thursday, 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, Closed


Register Online

You can register online if you meet certain criteria and are authorized by your advisor.

If you have questions or problems, review the course search and registration help online or contact the Enrollment Services Center by email at or by phone (607.844.6580).


All students who do not meet established basic skills guidelines must take placement tests in appropriate areas before taking ENGL 101, Academic Writing, a MATH course or other courses that require extensive reading or writing. Students wishing to take a course with a "Prerequisite" must show proof of successful completion of the prerequisite course in order to register.

Success in Online Learning

In order to be successful with online learning, you should possess the following basic skills:

  • Basic skills with computers and the Internet
  • Strong skills in reading and comprehension
  • Strong college writing skills
  • Motivation and self-discipline
  • Easy and frequent access to a computer with word processing and an Internet connection

If you are unsure as to whether or not you meet these needs, speak with your advisor or contact the Enrollment Services Center via or call 607.844.6580.

Visit the Online Learning section of the catalog for more information.

Auditing a Course

Auditing a course means that you attend class but do not take exams or receive credit. You may register to audit any credit course using the same registration procedures. Regular tuition and fees are charged for audit status. People age 60 and over may audit credit courses tuition free (fees may apply) if there is space available after the regular registration period.

Enrollment Services Center


Registration Day

Each fall and spring semester a registration day is held for currently enrolled students to register for the following semester. There are no classes held during the day as faculty and staff are dedicated to assisting students with their course registration for the next semester. Check the academic calendar for exact dates. Registration day is the first opportunity for students to enroll in courses for the upcoming semester. After that day, registration is open to both currently enrolled and new students until the start of classes. 

Students should meet with their advisor prior to registration day to make their plans for the upcoming semester. Currently enrolled students are encouraged to register for classes on registration day or shortly thereafter to obtain the best possible schedule of courses. If schedule changes are necessary later on, students can work with an advisor to add and drop courses before classes begin.

Student meeting with advisor


Degree Programs and Requirements

Check your degree program requirements using the Online Catalog.


Students must complete course prerequisites prior to the start of classes. At the time of advance registration they may preregister for the course as long as they are currently enrolled in the prerequisite. If a student does not successfully complete the prerequisite for a course that they registered for in advance, they will be removed from the course. Students must obtain instructor permission to register for any course for which they do not have the prerequisite.

Schedule Changes (Add/Drop/Withdraw)

If you wish to change your schedule by adding, dropping, or withdrawing from a course, complete a change of schedule form and go to the Enrollment Services Center for processing. If you are a continuing student authorized by your advisor to register online, you may change your schedule using myTC3 prior to the start of classes. The College offers courses in a variety of academic sessions with different start and end dates. Refer to the Academic Calendar for dates.

Adding Courses

Generally, once a course has met, instructor permission is required in addition to an advisor’s approval to enroll in that course during the “add” period specified for each academic session. To enroll in a course once the “add” deadline has passed, students are required to obtain the Dean of Instruction’s signature in addition to their advisor and instructor’s signatures.

Dropping/Withdrawing Courses

You may drop courses with your advisor’s approval through the end of the “drop” period specified for each academic session. After the “drop” deadline has passed, a grade of “W” will be assigned until the withdrawal deadline. Remember that dropping or withdrawing from courses can affect your financial aid and your academic status. Make an appointment with a financial aid counselor to discuss the potential effect on your current financial aid award.

Course Cancellation

The College reserves the right to cancel any courses because of insufficient enrollment, instructor availability, or other circumstances. To find out if any course has been canceled, check myTC3. If your course is canceled, you will receive a full refund unless you sign up for another course. Contact the Enrollment Services Center or use myTC3 to select another course.

Course Load

Fall and Spring semesters: The average course load for a full-time matriculated student is 14-16 credit hours per semester. The minimum full-time load is 12 credit hours. The maximum load is 18 credit hours. Except where required by the academic program, students wishing to register for 19 or more credit hours must have the approval of the dean of instruction.
Summer: Students may take up to four courses (12-16 credits) during the summer semester. Students may only take two courses (6-8 credits) per summer session. Exceptions to this policy must be approved by the dean of instruction.

Cross Registration

To provide more flexibility in the choice of courses toward the associate degree, the College has arranged a cross-registration program with SUNY Cortland. Full-time, matriculated students in good standing may take one course at SUNY Cortland. There is no extra tuition charge involved. Courses taken at SUNY Cortland must be applicable to the student’s degree program and not offered at Tompkins Cortland at any time. Students at Cortland may cross-register for one course at Tompkins Cortland as well.

Grades earned in such courses will not appear on the Tompkins Cortland transcript, nor will they count toward a student’s GPA at Tompkins Cortland. Students are responsible for having official transcripts sent to the College after they have completed the semester. Contact an enrollment services specialist at 607.844.6580 for registration information.


Audit status must be declared at the time of registration. Students who audit courses must pay regular tuition. The notation of “X” will be made on the student’s academic record for an audited course.  A change from audit to credit status must be made within the add/drop period – within three weeks of the start of regular 15-week courses.

Lifetime Alumni Association Auditors: If you are a lifetime member of the Tompkins Cortland Community College Alumni Association you may audit, free of charge, one course per year. You will be responsible to pay the fees. The course must have space available after regular registration. Call the Office of Alumni/ Development, 607.844.8222, Ext. 4369 for information.

Senior Citizen Auditors: If you are age 60 or older, you may audit, tuition free (fees may apply), any credit course that has space available the last day before classes begin. Call the Enrollment Services Center, 607.844.6580 for information on how to register.

Leave of Absence

Maintaining Matriculation: A matriculated student who does not enroll for the next consecutive fall or spring semester will not be required to reapply for admission. An absence of more than a single semester will require application for readmission and cause the student to be subject to new degree requirements. Students who are academically suspended or otherwise dismissed from the College will not maintain their matriculation.

Leave of Absence Policy: Students needing a documented leave of absence must petition the Associate Dean for Curriculum and Academic Records for such a leave. A leave of absence may be granted only in extenuating circumstances, such as illness or other unusual personal hardship and requires detailed documentation. A leave of absence may not exceed two consecutive semesters (not including the semester in which the leave is granted or summers). Students granted a leave of absence before the end of a semester shall receive a grade of W, WP, or WF according to the current withdrawal policy.

Permission to Attend Another Institution

Students wishing to take a course at another institution should request approval from the Dean of Instruction prior to enrolling in the course. Receiving prior permission to attend the other institution guarantees that the course will be accepted at Tompkins Cortland if the student receives a C (2.0) or better grade in the course. In order to be eligible, a student must be matriculated, have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0, and be in good academic standing. Only course work that applies towards the student’s degree program at Tompkins Cortland will be approved. Contact the Academic Records Office for further information.