Tuition and Fees
Explore simplified overall costs for on- and off-campus students.
New York State residents who are residents of the sponsorship area or non-residents of the sponsorship area who present a Certificate(s) of Residence*
Per credit hour: $181
New York State residents who are not a resident of the sponsorship area and do not present a Certificate of Residence*
Per credit hour: $372
New York State residents who have been awarded the Excelsior Scholarship and who are residents of the sponsorship area or non-residents of the sponsorship area who present a Certificate(s) of Residence*
New York State residents who have been awarded the Excelsior Scholarship and who are not a resident of the sponsorship area and do not present a Certificate(s) of Residence*
Non-New York State Resident Tuition
Per credit hour: $372
- New York State Residents: $180/credit hour
- Non-Resident: $372/credit hour
- Out-of-State: $372/credit hour
Off Semester, Off Hours, Off Campus Tuition (per credit hour)
Web-based courses: $181
Fees are charged only to those who receive the services rendered.
Student Service Fees
Charge Per Service Rendered
$ 8 Transcript Online Request - Paper
$ 8 Transcript Online Request - Electronic
$ 15 Transcript Manual Request and Payment
$ 25 Transcript Emergency Service
- Technology Service Fee: $20/credit hour
- Web Course Fee: $6/credit hour
- OER Fee: $10 per course
- Late Payment Fee
- Full-time: $20
- Part-time: $10
- Matriculation Fee: $50 (one time only)
- Experiential Credit: $50
- Returned Check Charge: $25/occurrence
- Study Abroad Program Fee: $200
- Administrative Withdrawal Fee
- Full-time: $100/semester
- Part-Time: $10/credit
- Student Life (on-campus, day & evening students)
- Full-time: $290/semester
- Part-time: $19.30 per credit hour
- Evening: $9.65 per credit hour
- ID Card: $18/semester
- Course Specific Fees
* New York State residents must provide a valid Certificate of Residence to be eligible for NYS resident tuition. Certificates are issued to you by your home county and are generally valid for a period of one year unless otherwise noted by your County Treasurer. You may apply for your certificate no sooner than 60 days before the beginning of classes, but no later than 30 days after the start of classes. If we do not receive your certificate of residence you will be responsible to pay the non–resident portion of your tuition.
On-Campus Housing and Meal Plans
Tompkins Cortland Community College offers on-campus housing primarily in a four-student, apartment-style setting. Housing costs are dependent on building selection and number of roommates (options other than four-student settings are available) and require a meal plan.
Fall/Spring Only; based on a 15-week schedule
If you drop a course or withdraw from the College, you will be charged non-refundable tuition, fees, housing and meals according to the following schedule for 15-week courses. Non-refundable charges will be prorated on a similar schedule for courses less than 15 weeks. Payments in excess of final liability will be refunded to the student. Non-payment of tuition and fees does not constitute an automatic withdrawal.
Prior to the start of classes: 0%
During the first week of classes: 25%
During the second week of classes: 50%
During the third week of classes: 75%
After the third week of classes: 100%
If you drop a course or withdraw from the College, you will be charged non-refundable tuition and fees according to the following schedule:
On or before the last date to drop a course: 0%
After the last date to drop a course: 100%
Housing Security Deposit Refund Policy - Refer to the Residence Hall Contract and the housing confirmation letter.
Student Consumer Information
Tompkins Cortland provides student consumer information in accordance with the Higher Education Act of 1965 and The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008.