The College pool is available for family swims, lap swimming, college swims (Tompkins Cortland students only), water aerobics and swim lessons.
September 3 - December 15
November 27 - 30
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10–11 a.m.
Tuesday, Thursday 4:00–5:00 p.m.
Open and Family Swim
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6–9 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m.–1 p.m.
Sunday 1– 4 p.m.
Daily (weekdays) 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
|Students (Fall and Spring Semesters)||Free w/ID card|
|College Employees||$2.00 per swim or $30 for a 20-visit punch card|
|Community Members||$3.00 per swim or $45 for a 20-visit punch card. Kids 4 and under are FREE!|
|Water Aerobics||$5.00 per class or $30 for a 10-class punch card|
- Disc Golf
- House Rules/Jogging
- Student Employment
- Student Gym Reservation
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Courts
- Weekly Schedule
- Patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- Lap swimmers please use lane lines and share lanes.
- During Open & Family Swim 2 lanes may be available for lap swimmers.
- During Lap Swim 1 lane may be available for parents with children.
- Tompkins Cortland students may swim during Lap Swim and Open & Family Swim.
- Children measuring less than 42” at the shoulder must stay within arms reach of his/her parent. US Coast Guard approved flotation devices are available for parents to use for children fitting this description.
- Children ages 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- By the Coordinator of Recreation Sports: swimming aids approved may be used providing the individual is under direct supervision (one arms length) of a parent. Please contact Alfred Okaru at 607.844.8222, Ext. 4495 for approval.
Tompkins Cortland offers swim lessons for children, age 4-12, at different times during the year. Please check the application and skills assessment form for current registration and lesson information.
*Please Note: Patrons cannot show up to swim lessons on the first day of lessons without pre-registering. To pre-register, email Alfred Okaru or contact him at 607.844.8222 ext. 4495.
October 1 - November 5
Tuesday and Thursday
5:30 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. (Level 1 and 2)
6:30 p.m. - 7:15 p.m. (Level 3 and 4)
10 Classes (5 weeks) $85
Join the fun of water exercise classes led by one of our skilled instructors. Water offers a gentle resistance and provides support, so you will receive all the benefits of exercise without the associated stress and strain. It’s fun, relaxing, and good for you. ($5 per class - discount pass available; see the lifeguard for details.) *No advance registration necessary.
Note: We now offer a common area dressing room that can be used by families concerned about sending young children to the locker room unsupervised. Ask the lifeguard for details.
Tompkins Cortland Pool Represented at Empire State Senior Games
Three members of the College's swimming community took part in the 2019 Empire State Senior Games in Cortland. Doris Fuchs, Thomas Payne, and Susanna Van Sant each swam in multiple events and combined to win 10 medals, including 6 golds. Congratulations!
Special Event Usage
The College pool is available for group rentals at a fee of $85 for three hours, which includes one and a half hours of private pool use and one and a half hours in lower brick area of the cafeteria for snacks and gatherings. Our facility is accessible to people with disabilities. Parties are limited to 20 participants.
The brick area, located in the cafeteria in front of the College Student Center and under the stairway, is available for parties at no additional charge (with pool rental). Call Alfred Okaru at 607.844.8222, Ext. 4495 or Mick McDaniel, director of Athletics and Recreation, at Ext. 4492, for more information. Calls will be accepted from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday when the College is open. Messages left after those hours may not be heard until the next business day.