Themed and Specialized Housing

We offer the following types of specialty housing that you can select on the Housing Preference and Roommate Survey. In these residential communities, students are encouraged to make connections in and out of the classroom.

Quiet Living Community

The quiet living communities are for students who are interested in living in a more noise-controlled environment with extended quiet hours of Sunday-Thursday 8 p.m.-8 a.m. and Friday-Saturday 10 p.m.-10 a.m.

Gender-Neutral Housing

In order to best meet student needs, we now offer gender-neutral apartments. In order to have a gender-neutral apartment, a group of four must sign up and all request each other on their housing/roommate request. All four must agree from the outset to this living arrangement.  Should one resident leave the apartment, the first preference will be for the remaining residents to find a fourth roommate. Otherwise, this apartment will be designated gender neutral, and anyone wishing to move in will first need to meet the roommates. If a new student wants this and doesn't know other students, call Residence Life at 607.844.6589 for assistance.

Break Housing

For students who will need to be on campus during all break periods when the College is not in session (e.g., Thanksgiving, Winter Break, Spring Break), break housing is available. Break housing does cost more; see the housing contract for details.