Local Transportation Information Sites
With three locations ranging from the Nancy S. Lieberman Extension Center on The Commons in Ithaca to the main campus in Dryden, to our extension center in Cortland, transportation needs are significant for TC3 students and visitors. Local bus services and taxis can help navigate the Ithaca and Cortland areas. Further out, regional transportation and air service is readily available.
LimeBikes are on Campus!
LimeBikes are dockless and easy to use. Take a quick ride into town, a fun trip to the local recreation trails, or even use them as a quick way to get from the Residence Halls to the main campus!
How to Get Started
- Download the Lime app on your smartphone
- For iPhones, click here to go to the App Store
- For Android phones (ex. Samsung), click here to go to the Google Play Store
- For regular cellphones, click here for details on how to register for Lime Access
- Open the app and register using your school email, phone number, or Facebook profile. Register with an .edu email address and receive a 50% discount!
- Allow Location Services and, later on, Camera Access so you can find and scan the bikes
- Add a payment method, such as a credit or debit card
- You won't be charged for the first ride of up to 30 minutes
- If you can only pay by cash, click here for details on how to register for Lime Access
How to Use
- Unlock a bike by hitting the big "Ride" button on the app and scanning the QR code behind the LimeBike you want
- Ride wherever you need to go: $1/ride of up to 30 mins (50 cents when registered with an .edu email)
- You are encouraged to take one-way rides, no need to "bring back" the bike
- If you exceed 30 minutes, you will be charged $1 for every 30-min increment regardless of the number of promotional or free rides you may have
- Park the bike and lock it by sliding the wheel lock downwards
- Don't forget to lock the bike to end your trip!
- Park only next to public bike racks in university campuses
When using the LimeBikes:
Be respectful of others and your surroundings.
Don't race down sidewalks or near pedestrians.
Don't toss the bikes, park them near the buildings so they are not on the walkways. Use the kickstand and make sure they are standing up.
Be mindful of cars as you travel down to Dryden-some intersections are tricky- use the main campus roads and shoulders safely.
This route is available on weekdays only. It takes you from the Tompkins Cortland main campus through Cornell and has its final stop at The Commons in Ithaca. For more information visit the TCAT website or call 607.277.RIDE(7433).
This route is available on weekends only. It takes you from the Tompkins Cortland residence halls to the Shops at Ithaca Mall. For more information visit the TCAT website or call 607.277.RIDE(7433).
Apps for TCAT
TCAT information is available from specific apps listed on the TCAT website. These apps provide real-time transit information, maps, and alerts.
Park and Ride
TCAT has identified many park and ride locations throughout the county that can help both county residents and those living in surrounding counties.
Route 6 takes you from Tompkins Cortland main campus to the County Office building in Cortland. For more information visit the Cortland Transit website or call 607.758.3383.
The Cortland County Office building is also the Greyhound bus stop in Cortland, making connections to more distant locations more convenient.
Bus Passes at the Card Office
Bus passes for TCAT and First Transit Cortland are available for purchase at the Card office.
Also, Tompkins Cortland students may use their TC3 card with TCAT and receive discounted bus passes.
Ithaca Taxi Services