Tompkins Cortland is a leader in online education, so you get a robust online experience with faculty who have been doing this for years. It's flexible, so it's fits your schedule. It's affordable because we're a community college.
For fully online classes, even out-of-state students pay only the “resident” tuition of $204 per credit hour. In-state students must still provide a Certificate of Residence.
We offer a host of fully online programs, along with many that can be completed nearly entirely online. For students who want a mix of traditional in-class experiences and online, we do that too.
Use the Course Search page to search for online courses by semester and discipline.
Degrees Offered Fully Online
These degree programs can be completed fully online:
- Accounting, A.A.S.
- Business Administration, A.A.S
- Computer Information Systems, A.A.S.
- Computer Support Specialist, A.A.S.
- Creative Writing/Screenwriting, A.A.
- Criminal Justice, A.A.S., A.S.
- Hotel and Restaurant Management, A.A.S.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: General Studies, A.S.
- Paralegal, A.A.S.
Certificates Offered Fully Online
These certificates can be completed fully online:
Flexible Scheduling Through Online Options
Degrees and certificates that can be completed 80% online
- Accounting, A.S.
- Business Administration, A.S.
- Chemical Dependency Counseling, A.A.S.
- Entrepreneurship, A.A.S.
- International Business, A.S.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Adolescent Education, A.S.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Humanities, A.A.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Social Science, A.S.
Degrees and certificates that can be completed 50% online
- Computer Science, General or Engineering, A.S.
- Biology, A.S.
- Broadcast Journalism, A.S.
- Broadcast Production, Radio, A.A.S.
- Construction and Environmental Technology, A.A.S.
- Creative Writing/Prose, Poetry & Drama, A.A.
- Digital Cinema, A.S.
- Early Childhood, A.A.S.
- Human Services, A.A.S., Certificate
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Math/Science, A.S.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Women & Gender Studies, A.S.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Education, Early Childhood or Childhood, A.S.
- Sport Management, A.S.
- Wine Marketing, A.A.S.