Tompkins Cortland Community College is committed to helping each student at the College explore the unique talents and abilities that make student success possible.
The College uses Gallup's CliftonStrengths for Students to help discover their specific strengths and help students learn how to apply those strengths to their academic, social, and professional lives.
As a strengths-based college, Tompkins Cortland believes each student has unique talents they bring to our community. Understanding your own talents and developing them into strengths can help you reach your goals, understand yourself and those around you, and become your best self.
All new students should complete the Strengths inventory prior to New Student Orientation.
Please plan about 30 uninterrupted minutes to complete the strengths inventory. Go with your gut reaction to the questions when answering for the most effective assessment of your talents.
There is a timer on the items in the inventory; if you are concerned about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can determine whether the timer needs to be turned off. If English is not your first language, we recommend taking the SQ inventory in your native language (many language options are available).
To take the Strengths inventory, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to myTC3
- Go to myINFO
- Select the StrengthsQuest link on the left menu
- Select the link to "Request a StrengthsQuest code"
- Copy the access code you are given
- Select the StrengthsQuest website link and paste your access code into the box. Be sure to use your College email address when you register (username@mymail.TC3.edu). Keep your username and password somewhere safe – you will need to get back into the site later.
- Once you've completed the inventory, download your Strengths Insight Report and read it.
For detailed instructions, access the StrengthsQuest instructions.
For continuing students who want to learn more about how to understand their strengths, workshops are offered throughout the semester. To continue learning more about your Strengths, we offer Strengths Spotlights which focus on certain SQ themes, as well as workshops on using your strengths in relationships, academics, and your career.