Student Testing, Advisement, Registration and Transition
All students must attend a START session prior to beginning their first semester. You can complete START at our main campus in Dryden, at one of our extension centers in Ithaca or Cortland,or over the phone. To schedule a phone START session, please email email@example.com.
At START students will:
- Meet individually with an academic advisor to discuss their interests, degree program, placement test results or transfer credits, and select their first semester courses.
- Learn what careers connect with their academic program.
- Learn how to use their myTC3 account.
- Be introduced to important campus resources.
- Review their student bill and financial aid package.
START typically takes 2 - 3 hours. Morning, afternoon, evening, and evening sessions are available. You will receive an email to schedule your START session.
Can't find your link to schedule START? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607.844.6580.
Prior to attending START, students should:
- Submit all prior college transcripts and AP score sheets
- Complete the Pre-Advising Questionnaire
After START check your myTC3 account regularly, specifically your myMAIL, for important email updates.