Student Testing, Advisement, Registration and Transition
All students must attend a START session at the Dryden main campus prior to beginning their first semester, unless they are fully online students.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
At START, students meet individually with an academic advisor to discuss their degree program and first semester course schedule, learn how to use their myTC3 account, and gain important information about the College and available student resources.
- START is a two hour program; sessions are available mornings, afternoons, evenings, and Saturday.
- You will receive an email to schedule your START session.
- You must sign up at least one week in advance.
Prior to attending START, students should:
- Take placement tests (if needed)
- Complete the Pre-Advising Questionnaire
For those students who need placement testing, we offer several flexible options:
- Test at one of Tompkins Cortland’s three locations (Dryden, Cortland, or Ithaca)
- Test at the SUNY Welcome Center in New York City (testing dates will be available April-August 2018)
- Test offsite using an approved proctor
See the Placement Testing Information page for details and information about how to prepare for your tests.
For accepted students who plan to begin in the Fall Semester:
- Placement Testing is from February-August
- START sessions are held April-August
For accepted students who plan to begin in the Spring Semester:
- Placement Testing is from October-January
- START sessions are held November-January
For accepted students who plan to begin in the Summer:
- Placement Testing is from October-January and February-May
- START sessions are held November-January and April-May
After START, check your myTC3 account regularly, myMAIL for important email updates and myINFO to review financial aid and billing updates.
Don't wait to begin the Financial Aid process!
- The sooner students complete their FAFSA and TAP, the sooner they can follow up on any additional information required.
Review the steps on the admissions home page for more information about how to enroll.
Get ready for the start of the semester and we'll see you at Welcome Week!