Panther Welcome Crew
Current Tompkins Cortland students helping new students!
The Panther Welcome Crew is a group of current students who assist with New Student Orientation and transition activities. Look for the gold Panther Welcome Crew T-shirts during Orientation and Welcome Week. Panther Welcome Crew members are happy to answer any questions. They are also here to help students navigate the orientation activities and find their way around campus.
Panther Welcome Crew Volunteers
Panther Welcome Crew volunteers help out just before the semester begins in August with New Student Orientation and Welcome Week. Volunteers must commit to attending a required two-day training and to work at least 25 volunteer hours during Orientation and Welcome Week.
- Position description Please read carefully to review required dates, training information, and other important position details
You might be a good fit for the Panther Welcome Crew if you:
- Are motivated, reliable, and dependable
- Enjoy helping others
- Are friendly
- Take initiative and show self-discipline
- Have achieved academic success (are in good academic standing at the College)
Benefits of being part of the Panther Welcome Crew:
- Gain valuable leadership experience
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Build your resume
- Help other students learn to love Tompkins Cortland as much as you do
- Share tips for success in college
- Move in early (if you live in the residence halls)
- Receive a Panther Welcome Crew T-shirt
- Get free meals during training and Orientation sessions